S Evans & Sons undertook this project of redundant tunnel demolition on the main high street of the highly sensitive city centre of Walsall.
Using S Evans specialist own demolition machinery including:
- 1 x 50t Specialised Demolition Plant equipped with various demolition attachments
- 2 x 30/35t Specialised Demolition Plant equipped with various demolition attachments
- 1 x 2 no 8t Rubber Tracked Excavator inc. demolition attachments
- 1 x 20t Specialised Demolition Plant equipped with various demolition attachments
- RORO Skip Wagon
- Articulated Wagon with tipping trailer
Conscious that this work was critical to numerous stake holders being on the main high street of the city centre, and all local businesses relying on passing trade, S Evans operations team outshone themselves to make sure this project was carried out with the extra care, attention and planning that was required.
These works where carried out over 3 phases and included laying of track and road protection by way of heavy hard wood timbers with the use of 30t excavators. Setting out an exclusion zone and banks men to keep operatives safe from any demolition activities. The use of various 35/50t machines equipped with demolition attachments such as hydraulic breakers, selector grabs and sheers to carry out the breaking and removal of timber, brick, concrete, and steel. The works where carried out to a very high standard with minimal possible disruption, and a very satisfied client.
Before completing the works, S Evans ensured all demolition waste and arising’s where completely removed from site, and the area was left in a safe and clean manner ready for the next stage of this Network Rail project.